REFLECTOR: Advanced Electronics Com Antenna

Kirk Aragon aragon_kirk at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 13 09:59:57 CDT 2007

Tom,

I'm having a similar issue with my COM2 (COM1 works, but not well). I'm also looking at these antennas as the possible solution. One of the other members suggested installation in the rudder wells. Since the antenna is 1" wide, I'm not sure if there is enough room (I haven't had a chance to measure). From previous preflight inspections, it seems that the width of the winglet at the well is approximately 1", and also the depth is about 1", so perhaps inclusion of a thin panel of bid (with cutout for the spring) across that space will be enough for mounting an antenna.

I haven't decided on a course of action, but hope to do so in the next month or so. If you start this project before then, I'd like to hear what decisions you made and why.

Cheers

Kirk

N360TV
SERG