REFLECTOR: Advanced Electronics Com Antenna

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Sep 12 19:45:04 CDT 2007

Tom,

Comm antennas at ground stations (and other airplanes) are all vertically
oriented, which provides vertical polarization to the signal.  Your radio
performance will be degraded with a horizontal orientation.  If you don't
need much, it might work, but I would be inclined to try to find a way to
get a vertical antenna in.

Keith