REFLECTOR: Leading Edge Tape

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Sun Sep 9 17:03:50 CDT 2007

John,
Your right (as usual), the second listing in ACS for 3M 8672 says not
for use on props---though it doesn't say anything in the previous
listing about it.  I wonder if there's a real reason or 3M is just being
cautious about what applications it endorses for its product.  When I
was at MT a few years ago, they cut the tape from a roll, though I don't
know what the material or who the manufacturer was.  It was a black
vinyl type material with adhesive backside.  It's stayed in place well,
but it gets chewed up after a while...better the tape than the leading
edge.  PropGuard seems to come only in strips so it may not be the same
product.

Chuck Jensen