REFLECTOR: Vesta, Aero Composite,& ? Props

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 6 15:59:14 CDT 2007

Hey Milt,

Cool.

I was the primary facilitator in getting Jason Day at Vesta to speak with
Scott Baker at Velocity.  Like most Velocity builders, I would like to see
several options available.

One of the biggest hurdles to overcome with the Velocity test program was
Jason's lack of time and data.  Velocity wanted to see a at least a couple
hundred hours of operation on an aircraft engine of similar size and
performance in a pusher configuration, before they would be willing to bolt
one on.  Jason's props had been running on automotive conversions with PSRU;
smooth power curve.  I don't believe it was a slight to Vesta, Scott was
just taking into consideration the lives and the cost of the Velocity.

Has your prop been flying on a Velocity or other pusher?

Andy