REFLECTOR: Aileron cable too short

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:08:14 CDT 2007

Y'all,
I'll be back on this.  I have drilled the bell crank, but that's as far as
we got.  I now need to shim up the cable clamp point to line up with the new
bell crank drill point.  I am waiting on a .7 hunk of AL to use as a shim.

Kurt, you are right I am worried some about force to move the stick.  It is
pretty stiff already, but I haven't lubed anything yet.  Also the closer to
the pivot point the more sensitive it will be for pilot induced
oscillations.

Oh, in case you non dash 5 types are following this,  my aileron bell cranks
point down from the torque tube pivot point.

Terry