REFLECTOR: Aileron cable too short

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Sep 5 06:39:05 CDT 2007

Today I tried to hook up the ailerons.  After spending lots of time and
effort to get the ailerons and aileron wells just right for full aileron
travel, I have found that the aileron cable assembly is not reaching far
enough.  I am hitting the travel limits of the cable.not stick travel.not
control surface binding.

Has anybody else run into this problem?   Are there other ways to do this?

Terry

XL-5

The push-pull cable needs a travel of a full 3" to meet the spec for aileron
travel.  One of the cables I got did; and one didn't.  My solution was to
return the cable, and get one that had 3" of travel.  Then with careful
alignment of bellcranks, and moving the cable clamp on one side at the keel
end, I was able to get the spec with the holes as drilled in the bellcrank.

Al