REFLECTOR: Aileron cable too short

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:48:23 CDT 2007

Hey all,

I am trying mightily to finish up, the cosmos has it another way.

Today I tried to hook up the ailerons.  After spending lots of time and
effort to get the ailerons and aileron wells just right for full aileron
travel, I have found that the aileron cable assembly is not reaching far
enough.  I am hitting the travel limits of the cable.not stick travel.not
control surface binding.

Brief review:  The aileron cable attaches to a bell crank in wing root which
attaches to the aileron torque tube.  The bell crank comes pre-drilled.  I
am going to drill a new whole in the bell crank closer to the pivot point so
I can get proper minimum aileron throw.

Has anybody else run into this problem?   Are there other ways to do this?

Terry

XL-5