REFLECTOR: Chevy numbers

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 2 16:57:17 CDT 2007

Dennis,

Well, you know as well as I that what sounds quick and easy seldom is.

I tack welded the exhaust?pipe extensions/turndowns on today.? They exit through the bottom of the cowl near the back. I still have to dress up the exit a tad, but it is looking good. I have all 3 exit scoops done and my oil door is finished. I had to extend my upper cowl an inch to make things line up right.. and that is done except for the finish work.

I hope to have the pipes stainless welded this week while I finish my cowl and rebuild the brake master cylinders. Then I can feed in the brake line and go through the bleeding mess. After that I'll go ahead and put the prop on and get that wired up.

I have the Annual due on the Cherokee so that and the kids will take up lots of time.. but I feel like I'm making progress.

Is your beast fine tuned yet??? Happy with it so far? Can Catto make a prop that can handle that monster?

Once the cowl is finished on mine and I have the prop on, I'll try to work on a quick video clip and figure out where to put it so folks can see/hear it. Have to say... I do love the sound.

Keep on pluggin, we'll get up there eventually.

Kurt