REFLECTOR: Loaner prop

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Oct 12 07:17:57 CDT 2007

No, no....

Go down to your local  Air(auto)Zone and get a freeze plug.  Its gonna
run you about $0.50.  Your overhaul manual will tell you what size. I
can't remember off hand what the 360 crank uses. My 520 had a 1.25" one,
I think the 360 is 1". You want the thick concave type, not the thin
flat one or the thin shallow cup shaped.  It looks like a big concave
half dollar.

You set it inside the crank, concave side pointing into the engine, get
a socket that just fits inside the crank, put in on back wards on a
socket extension so the flat side is against the plug, and give it a few
good wacks, don't be shy.  You should see it visibly flatten out.

If you have never done this, get an A&P or somebody who has done it to
walk you through it the first time.

Scott