REFLECTOR: Thermal exhaust Wrap

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Tue Oct 9 12:25:35 CDT 2007

The general advice is solidly against wrapping the exhaust.  As mentioned, it causes the pipes to run at hotter temps and has the potential to increase corrosion and/or cracking.  If a person coats with ceramic, it should be on the inside, NOT the outside of the pipes.  Coating the inside of the pipes will make the exterior noticeably cooler.  This advice seems to be widely held by builders, engine people and exhaust system people...without dissenters, so there might actually be something to it!

Chuck