REFLECTOR: Thermal exhaust Wrap

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Oct 9 11:41:18 CDT 2007

I ceramic coated my exhaust before wrapping it- it still got blistering hot
even with the ceramic- I have used exhaust wrap on heavy equipment for over
15 years- these vehicles have semi-exposed engines and exhaust systems that
get wet every time it rains- I have not noticed any degradation in any
exhaust system as a result of the wrap. On my aircraft engine system, I over
wrapped the pipes with self sealing silicone tape in lieu of the silicone
spray that they sell for the same purpose- do not have very much run time on
the system yet, but it all seems to be holding up well