REFLECTOR: Thermal exhaust Wrap

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Mon Oct 8 23:59:23 CDT 2007

I have a Lycoming with armpit scoops and I used the thermal wrap on my
pipes.  I also did a lot of work on the baffling so I can't say whether
the wrap did much.  I was able to reduce my CHTs by around 40-50 degrees
and after the engine has been running you can grab the exhaust pipe with
your hand and it won't burn you.

--
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG