REFLECTOR: Franklin Fuel Pumps

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 3 12:25:15 CDT 2007

Wurzel,

Item "1" is bang on.  Install your spare pump and you're good to go.  Item "2" was not about the fuel pump drive but involves any and all gears in the Franklin.  The U.S. gears are cast iron and the PZL gears are steel with a slightly different tooth profile.  This combination makes metal in a big hurry.

If you want the whole ugly fuel pump story and or copies of the AD's, give me a call at 913 526-8534.

Larry Coen
N136LC SE/RG Franklin/IVO