REFLECTOR: Seats

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Oct 3 00:41:33 CDT 2007

Larry;

In my kit purchased in '96, the seat parts were all the same.  The backs
slant a little to one side, apparently because the mold was not straight.
It is not enough to matter.
The seat bottoms are too wide for the front seats - when moved forward they
hit the door frame.  On the later kits the seats were made about 1"
narrower.  Rather then replace mine with the narrower ones, I modified the
bottoms for the front seats tapering the outside edge from just in front of
the hinge attachment to the front corner so it was about 1" narrower at the
front.

I also reinforced the side flanges on the front seat backs from the hinge
hardpoints up toward the top so things didn't distort so much when there was
force put on the seatbacks.

Al