REFLECTOR: Seats

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 2 20:02:20 CDT 2007

I am assembling the seats and I noticed that despite having 2 seat pans
marked "front seat bottom" and 2 marked "rear seat bottom", all 4 appear to
be identical. The same holds true for the seat backs.

Does anyone know if they are supposed to be different? (Scott?)

In fact, all 4 seat backs appear to slope more on the right hand side, which
would seem to be appropriate   for a passenger (right) seat, conforming to
the slope of the fuselage side.   I would expect the left/pilot side seat
backs to slope the other way.

Did I get 2 pair of the same seats by mistake? (Mine is an OLD kit,
delivered 6/1996)

I did put the hinges on and (as has been mentioned before) the seat back
sides are not parallel.  Instead of bending the hinges/tightening them down
to conform and thereby distorting the hinges, i was planning on building a
pad of microglass under the hinge arms to create a flat surface to tighten
down on. Anybody see a problem with this?

I also remember conversations about reinforcing the seats, but has anyone
actually had a failure/breakage?

Thanks all,

Larry E.