REFLECTOR: canard cover

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Thu Nov 29 08:32:31 CST 2007

In a message dated 11/28/2007 7:32:48 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
terrence_miles at hotmail.com writes:

built a  flange on to the fuselage for drain reasons all around the  carnard
opening.  Then I put a some wx strip type foam on the flange  for water
control.  I put in a tolerance for the foam before I set the  hinge, but the
even a small excess and even w/ foam...can exert a fair  amount of pressure.
I had to sit on the cover while someone else worked the  pin.

Have you tried removing the weather strip and use silicone instead?   Lay a
bead (thickness depends upon gap to fill) then cover the uncured silicone
using plastic wrap strips as a release agent.  Put cover back in place and
install pins, let cure.  Once cured, remove cover, peal off wrap leaving a  silicone
gasket that fits.
TEC