REFLECTOR: New Subscriber

Bill Walker blwalker105 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 26 08:24:01 CST 2007

Hi All,

I'm Bill Walker and a XL-5 RG builder here in Indy. Here are my airplane
specifics:  4 yrs into the build, Performance Engines IO-550 with equal
length ceramic coated headers and 2 collectors, Aerotronics panel, all
electric with dual alternators, and dual PC-680 batteries. The airframe is
structurally done, the engine is in, the underside is in final primer and
the gear is in final paint. The wiring is just now being completed. I am
ready to install a custom designed PreOiler this week, and the pitot system
by the end of the year. I hope to have it in the air by late summer next
year.

I've made lots of changes to the kit from the control system to the seat
design.  I'll post some pics soon.

Anyone interested in an easy little change that could mean a lot: Dip the
output shaft of the Aileron Trim copier motor into Plastidip tool coating
material for about three or four coatings. Now, add a fourth wrap of the
trim string and you will have a system with much better "stiction", but will
still slip when at the ends of system travel are achieved.

If anyone has already posted this, I apologize for not going throughout the
archives.