REFLECTOR: Dual Throttle Quadrant Part 4

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sun Nov 25 12:33:13 CST 2007

Scott,

It does weigh several pounds but I thought it was worth the extra weight
in order to get the added rigidity steel provides to guarantee no play
in the assembly. I also put in grease holes so all three tubes can be
lubricated without having to disassemble the entire structure.
(Disassembly would require welding and is not an option.)

Right now I have the assembly perfectly level relative to the fuselage
and all 6 holes for attaching the two quadrants are perfectly aligned to
one another as you could see by putting a number three bolt through the
attach holes each side. When both quadrants are connected to the
assembly you get full travel on both sides and little to no friction
from the assembly. That way the only friction should be from the single
Bowden Cable going to the control arm on the engine. That I hope will be
manageable. If it is not, then I was thinking of switching to push rods
as used on the ailerons.

Richard