REFLECTOR: EGT/CHT probe harness lengths and terminal block

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Sat Nov 24 09:47:09 CST 2007

Make your connections from the probe wires to the extension wire in the
engine compartment.  Less induced error.

You could use a terminal block, but most just use spade connectors
because the probe wires aren't long enough to reach the firewall which
means you will be mounting the block on the engine mount or engine.

I used 22 gauge thermocouple wire for my extension and it works great.

Mine is a Dynon unit.  I bought the extension wire from Omega. They sell
  multiple twisted pair cable of type J & K.

Scott