REFLECTOR: interference drag

Douglas Holub doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Tue Nov 20 18:03:16 CST 2007

I have been looking to doing something like this, but have struggled with how to make it all work with the cowling.  How will this fairing be carried through to the rear of the engine cover?
I don't really know, yet. I'm just kind of winging it. I plan on butting the strake fillet up against the cowl fillet, with a 1" flange on the strake fillet overlapping the cowl fillet. I think I'll need to add a little triangle of fiberglass to the trailing edge of the wing where it meets the cowl so that the fillet radius will increase to infinity (become flat) there. I'll post some pictures when I'm done.

Doug