REFLECTOR: Landing light

Jack Prock jackprock at comcast.net
Mon Nov 19 00:41:51 CST 2007

The GE 4509 is the same light used in the Grumman. Many years ago, I heard
that if you install the light
with the filament vertical, it will tend to last longer. I guess it is
supposed to handle the vibration
better.  I tried this and it seemed to extend the life...my imagination?
maybe, but it doesn't hurt.

Jack