REFLECTOR: Auto pilot challenges

Tom tomcat05 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 18 18:54:37 CST 2007

My TruTrak story is a bit different. I've got an ADI 2. Overall, the
performance is excellent. The one glitch I've got is that anytime I
transmit on the com radio, the a/p pitches up until I stop transmitting.
I've tried the following:
* Installed a dipole antenna
* covered all a/p wires, pitch servo, a/p head, ant wires, etc in copper
tape
* tried various addl grounds and even direct grounding to battery
* had radio (KX155) bench tested and adjusted
Nothing has worked--I now just turn the altitude hold off prior to
transmitting