REFLECTOR: Landing light

Jim Kanter jim at d-film.com
Thu Nov 15 19:44:57 CST 2007

The Q4509 is preferred to the standard 4509. The "Q" (quartz) version
is much brighter but has a slightly narrower beam and is usually $25
from online sources. It is also rated to 100hrs (vs the 4509's 25 hrs)
but due to the high heat of quartz lamps and the impact and vibration
of landing and taxiing it probably won't last near that long.

Jim