REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today

len.baxter at gm.com len.baxter at gm.com
Fri Nov 9 07:50:43 CST 2007

Congratulations Andy....... cant wait for a ride!!

Len

"Andy Millin" <amillin at sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org
11/08/2007 09:44 PM
Please respond to
Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>

"'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
cc

Subject
REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today

Hey all!

We had our dyno run at G&N today.  This is an engine I built up from
scratch under the wonderful, watchful eye of Terry Brokaw.

The engine ran loud and strong.  The guys at G&N were very complementary
about our work.  When we dropped the engine off they told us they knew the
engine would run well by just looking at it.  We figured they were just
trying to be nice.  The assured us, they really can tell.  Attention to
detail is what makes an engine run well and looking at the engine they
could tell.  Made me feel pretty good.

The engine fired right away.  It made great volumes of airplane noises.  I
was smiling so hard it really did hurt.

We made good power.  We had good compression after the test.  We didn't
make any metal.  It went as well as we could have hoped.

I've been building my plane for seven wonderful years.  I have enjoyed
every milestone large or small.  Today was a very big one.  What a great
adventure.

I posted a few pictures on my website tonight.  I'll have a few more
tomorrow including the dyno numbers.  We shot some video as well.  I
should have that up tomorrow as well.

G'night all!  I just hope I can get to sleep tonight...

Andy