REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today

Christopher Barber CBarber at texasattorney.net
Thu Nov 8 21:43:07 CST 2007

MessageWAHOOOOOOO!!!!!

All the best,

Chris
Houston, Texas
  -----Original Message-----
  From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org]On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
  Sent: Thursday, November 08, 2007 8:44 PM
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
  Subject: REFLECTOR: I made airplane noises today

  Hey all!

  We had our dyno run at G&N today.  This is an engine I built up from
scratch under the wonderful, watchful eye of Terry Brokaw.

  The engine ran loud and strong.  The guys at G&N were very complementary
about our work.  When we dropped the engine off they told us they knew the
engine would run well by just looking at it.  We figured they were just
trying to be nice.  The assured us, they really can tell.  Attention to
detail is what makes an engine run well and looking at the engine they could
tell.  Made me feel pretty good.

  The engine fired right away.  It made great volumes of airplane noises.  I
was smiling so hard it really did hurt.

  We made good power.  We had good compression after the test.  We didn't
make any metal.  It went as well as we could have hoped.

  I've been building my plane for seven wonderful years.  I have enjoyed
every milestone large or small.  Today was a very big one.  What a great
adventure.

  I posted a few pictures on my website tonight.  I'll have a few more
tomorrow including the dyno numbers.  We shot some video as well.  I should
have that up tomorrow as well.

  G'night all!  I just hope I can get to sleep tonight...

  Andy