REFLECTOR: Old style 173LW/XL Winglet foam question

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Nov 7 09:01:03 CST 2007

Albert,

I built my own wings, winglets, etc. I glassed the whole winglet as  one
unit, then cut off the lower per the template. After that I made my own
adjustments to the lower, but the upper was per the plans.  I have noticed  that some
of the plans now days differ from what I have in my book, so I'm not  sure we
have the same thing. I rounded everything (except the trailing edge) so  that
the glass would curve nicely around the foam. I do recall that if the  slurry
tacks up a tad (til it feels like peanut butter) that it makes it easier  to
make the glass stick to the bends without bubbling.

Kurt