REFLECTOR: Sourcing Master Brake Cylinders

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Sun Nov 4 16:02:56 CST 2007

I'm giving up on my brake cylinders.
I have a chronic leak, and while Juanita was going over the plans, she
noticed that we did not have the lock nut which is supposed to keep the
plunger from rotating.

The threads in the Velocity supplied aluminum blocks don't look very
good, and I suppose that the AL blocks are tapped for standard threads
and the plunger is a metric thread.  I think the closest die I had was
5/16-18.

Anyway, I want to find a master cylinder with SI threads.  Does anyone
have any part numbers?