REFLECTOR: Power setting gouge: First Flight

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Fri Nov 2 08:35:29 CDT 2007

I would leave the gear down on the first flight no matter how confident
I was about it's operation. Its one less thing to worry about and makes
the plane more stable in flight.  If you end up needing to do a quick
landing, its already down.  Gear ups are all to common when the need for
an immediate landing comes up.

I'm not sure why Baker's limit of 140 knots for sans gear doors is so
low. I would think it would be 160 knots or higher.

Scott