REFLECTOR: Riddle me this...

KMis178813 at aol.com KMis178813 at aol.com
Wed May 30 18:58:14 CDT 2007

Hiroo
  I have the same or at least similar reaction to CG. When flying  alone with
different fuel loads, the farther forward I move things (computer,  baggage,
tools) the faster the airplane is. When the plane is at gross weight it  is
always the slowest. When it is the lightest it is not always the  fastest. It
seems when the elevator is neutral, the plane is faster.
     I picked up 17kts. when I put on my own  design wheel pants. It went
faster with less drag which made the ram air  induction work better and produced
more power which made the plane  go faster so the wheel pants work better and
so on. IO360 MT 165TAS (Mach  .248)

                                 Ken Mishler N2087M
                                 SUV  600hrs. &
                                 XLRG-5  under construction