REFLECTOR: Oil temps

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon May 28 19:30:57 CDT 2007

Al,

Good explanation.  Hard to believe but I could actually get my head
around the thermodynamic explanation.  Perhaps the higher oil temp is a
combination of the two; higher horse power as Scott surmised and greater
oil flow as John postulated.  Even though the amount of heat rejected by
the oil cooler is higher with higher oil flow, a temp sensor downstream
of the oil cooler may still be hotter with the higher oil flow at higher
rpm.  As always, everything is related to everything.

Chuck Jensen