REFLECTOR: Back in the air.

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Mon May 28 10:22:23 CDT 2007

Good thoughts on the mixture.  I didn't mention it in the original post but I did suspect something like that and I kept an eye on the EGT through the flight.  The EGT was generally in line with the rest so I definitely think it is an airflow issue.  I'll have to see if the "rubber seal" under the cowl is leaking or not.

My plane does not have the conventional fiberglass box over the top of the engine.  Instead, the whole upper cowl area is pressurized through ram air from the top NACA and I have metal baffles around the entire top with rubber flaps sealing the gaps between the baffles and the cowl.  If it isn't leaking, I might need an additional arrangement to direct more air over to that corner.  It is interesting that the #5 on the other side has no problems.

Hiroo