REFLECTOR: Toe Brake question

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Wed May 23 05:39:24 CDT 2007

Hello Jack,
The left rudder pedal on the copilot side may warp with heavy application.  This happened with our training aircraft.  We added a doubler to the outside tube as the fix.  We also looked at, and liked the idea of adding a center support for the rudder pedal tt assembly.  Rudder pedal tt assemblies today are fabricated with a thicker wall on the outside tube.  The original thickness rudder pedal tt assemblies are okay for normal use - however if you plan to use the aircraft for flight training, where the copilot (instructor) will be doing a lot of flying - or in some cases - trying to overcome rudder inputs from the left side (student) position, then a reinforced assembly is desired.
Scott B.