REFLECTOR: Brake discs

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Tue May 22 20:01:11 CDT 2007

Hey Scott,

I used to take my discs to a grinding shop every 50
hours or so to prevent the brakes from causing the
main gear legs to shudder while decelerating through
the 25-35kt range.

It turns out that the discs were fine, just that some
pad material had transferred to the discs which caused
the shudder. I land fast and stop hard I guess...

Now I just take a sanding block to the discs with some
220 grit paper and all shudder goes away.

Pat

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Heartthrob. Get better relationship answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.