REFLECTOR: brake lines

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Tue May 22 06:33:58 CDT 2007

I inspected a standard FG last year for a friend who was interested in
buying a Velocity.  I noticed some cracking at the 10 o'clock area (looking
from the rear of the plane) of the fuselage in front of the cowl joint.  We
asked him to remove the covers from the front of the firewall.  We found no
lay ups and triax where the engine mounts bolt to the firewall.  This crack
was about 8" long - we pointed out that there were some layups missing and
that this appeared to be a dangerous omission.  My friend didn't buy the
plane (it had some other issues too).

Ronnie