REFLECTOR: Transponder antenna

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 23:59:20 CDT 2007

Manny,

Make sure you are not using RG-58 cable - that's too
long of a run for that stuff.

I have a Bob Archer transponder antenna mounted at the
end of the strake using RG-400. Works great. I live in
Los Angeles, and have flown across the country
multiple times with zero reception issues.

Be careful not to locate the transponder antenna too
close to where people sit - they operate in the
microwave frequency range.

Pat

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.