REFLECTOR: Power settings, nose wheel shimmy

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 15:28:48 CDT 2007

Al,

That sounds a lot like what I experienced early on.
Turns out that rolling onto final a little high and a
little fast translates into a completely power off
approach just trying to stay on the GS.

I also found using a lower approach speed on final
allows me to carry at least some power - I don't like
being completely at the mercy of the slippery
airplane...

Don't get me wrong, I'd rather be high and fast than
low and slow, but it turns out there's a noticeable
drag difference between shooting final at 90KIAS
versus say 85KIAS.

You mileage may vary. Pat

  I wasn't pulling

____________________________________________________________________________________Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.