REFLECTOR: Titanium Firewall

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Tue May 15 09:37:37 CDT 2007

Alex,

Perhaps you mixed units...?

Melting point of Ti (affected by specific alloy) - is approx. 1668C - 3034F - so 400+F higher than SS.

Density of Ti - is approx. .16 lb/cu in vs. .285 for SS (316 alloy) - approx. 56% lighter than SS.

BTW - when I ordered my engine install kit - I asked Velocity if they would sell it without the SS - sure not a problem - they took the $ off the price of the kit too.

John