REFLECTOR: One or Two oil coolers?

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 13:05:38 CDT 2007

Tec...

I don't think the oil squirter nozzles cause more oil consumption... Almost
all Lycoming angle valve engines have them... I get about 6 hours per quart
of oil if I keep the rpm's down below 2500... Over that rpm, the consumption
goes up slightly...  I start with 8 quarts... Add one when it drops to 6
quarts, back to 7... Add another when it drops back to 6, back to 7... add
another when it drops to 6, back to 7...Then I change oil at 25 hours...
Start all over again... At 50 hours, I change fillter and add 9 quarts...
One extra for the filter...

Best... Steve