REFLECTOR: One or Two oil coolers?

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Mon May 14 11:30:46 CDT 2007

Tec...

I put those oil squirter nozzles on my parallel valve lycoming engine and
the oil temp went up about 15 degrees F in cruise. Ended up putting a 6
cylinder oil cooler on the four cylinder system to take care of the higher
oil temps...The nozzles open at about 40 lbs. of oil pressure so you don't
loose any pressure at idle... I have adjustable oil pressure and it is set
to 83 psi. @ 185 F. and 78 psi. @ 210 F.  At start up in the morning it's
120 psi. @ 60F and 1000 rpm's.  I let it warm to 90 F. before I do a run-up

Best... Steve