REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Alternatives

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Mon May 14 08:22:18 CDT 2007

Hi Joe-

A couple of comments on your suggestion- first, this arrangement looks
really touchy- i.e.- difficult to arrive at and maintain the correct

trim setting, the factory screw jack system moves really slowly, and holds
position positively,  and it still is too touchy for a lot of installations,
requiring a separate braking circuit to stop the slow moving screw exactly
when the switch is released. Also, not sure if it is any sort of advantage
to have a clutch there, as it will require power to hold it on all of the
time- you might look into an acme screw design similar to the strong system-
the trim does not take too much movement to bias the elevator travel.

Alex

  _____