REFLECTOR: Odyssey Battery

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sat May 12 11:58:53 CDT 2007

As someone who flies IFR regularly, I would consider an alternator failure
an emergency and likely declare  it so and land at the first REASONABLE
opportunity. That having been said, the more juice in the battery means more
time with all the goodies that make that flying reasonably safe, functioning
normally and therefore the more "reasonable" landing opportunites you will
have. I would not pass over an airport (with emergency facilities if
necessary) that had a precision approach and was above minimums or the
opportunity to get to VFR conditons, but as said earlier, those conditions
may be quite a distance away.

Larry E.