REFLECTOR: Odyssey Battery

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Thu May 10 08:02:57 CDT 2007

Chuck, et al,

I looked at the PC925 in lieu of the PC680.  The cost didn't make any
difference since on an annual basis, the bigger batter only added
0.0000000001% to the cost of ownership--finally, after carefully
considering all the factors (it came up "heads') I picked the PC680 and
figured I'd swap it out every two years to keep a good-n-fresh unit in
service.  I'm not sure what gauge battery cable is in place but believe
it is #4.  When I get the new battery installed, I'll do a couple of VFR
runs to 10.5v when things start dropping off to see what realistic
alive-time is available.

Boy Pat, you have no idea the uproar your caused.  Aftering finding out
that I'd bought a PM starter, I went home and kicked the dog around the
house and then used the reinforced area of the wall (studs close
together) for the head banging sessions.  The dog really kept his
distance after that but tonight, I'll apologize to him and we'll be best
buddies again...until I do something stupid again and Bubba has to run
for cover.  I guess its all part of a dog's life.

Chuck Jensen