REFLECTOR: Happy Birthday to me.....my favorite present

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Thu May 10 07:28:24 CDT 2007

What a great present!  Great Job Chris!

Andy

  _____

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Christopher Barber
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 9:13 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list; rotaryeng at earthlink.net;
Rotary motors in aircraft
Subject: REFLECTOR: Happy Birthday to me.....my favorite present

Dateline: May 8, 2007 - Houston, Texas;  Today, Officer C. Barber, Esq., on
his 46th birthday, achieved FIRST CRANK of his Wankle Rotary engine mounted
on the rear of his Velocity SE.  While the engine was in no way prepared for
starting, the fact that all the wires that were layed with great care per
Bob Knuckles Z-14 (duel alt, duel battery) drawings and run to the panel
actually worked.   The primary switch was turned on, the secondary switch
was turned on and then the "crossover" switch was activated.  Then the lucky
Mr. Barber pressed the starter button and the rotary churned away dutifully.
Then he did the same thing several more times. <g>

All the best,

Chris