REFLECTOR: conduit in a conduit?

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 00:33:12 CDT 2007

Doug,

Most of my wires run through 1/2" - 3/4" ID plastic
conduits that I inserted into the fiberglass ducts.
One starts in the engine compartment and the other
back by the gear bulkhead. They both end on forward
side of the canard bulkhead.

It's real easy to replace or, more typically, add
electrical wires this way. I leave an extra "pull
wire" in the conduit just for this purpose.

I did not run any coax, #2 starter wires, or the
alternator output wire in the plastic ducts.

I don't remember where I bought the conduit - It looks
just like nylaflow with similar properties.

In terms of chaffing, the grounded control cables are
potentially worse than than the fiberglass. I actually
ran my control cables outside the ducts to keep them
away from oil lines, brake lines, electrical lines,
etc.

Pat