REFLECTOR: Slow flight characteristics

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Thu May 3 15:29:13 CDT 2007

Hello Tom,
Before you look at rigging, make an assessment of your control inputs during
this phase of flight.  It is _very_ easy to deploy partial rudder thinking
your feet are just resting on the rudder pedals - or - apply left aileron
thinking the stick is straight back (physiologically we tend to pull things
towards our body versus pulling the stick linearly along the centerline of
the aircraft).
Q: Is the ball in the center during slow flight?  How much opposite rudder
input is needed to keep the aircraft from dropping as described?
Best,
Scott B.