REFLECTOR: Nicked coax

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Tue May 1 08:29:16 CDT 2007

Al's right.  if the center is conductor is OK, you can easily repair
it.  seal the nick in the center insulator with sillycon or rubber
sealant, spread the braid back out so there is no opening,  shrink
tube(best) outer layer or tape..

A caveat, if you nicked the center conductor real good, but not cut
through it may break at that point when handled because of the induced
stress riser.  Gotta be sure the center conductor is not nicked.  If it
is cut it off and put a new connector on it.

Scott