REFLECTOR: toe brakes

Craig and Denise Woolston cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 31 11:18:44 CDT 2007

Yes and I wouldn't, I'd fly first.  We didn't change our XL-5FG to toe
brakes and haven't had any problems.  We only have a few hours (61) but we
live in the high desert of California (Lancaster/Mojave).  A typical
afternoon for us is 20knots of wind and it's never right down the runway.  I
landed two weekends ago at Mojave where it was 30kts and 15-20 degrees off
runway heading.  It's a lot easier when it's not gusty but I got it down in
one piece.

Anyway, mostly antidotal evidence but my two cents.

Craig

  _____