REFLECTOR: Heavy Ailerons

cgputney at peoplepc.com cgputney at peoplepc.com
Mon Mar 26 19:32:26 CDT 2007

Al;
The weights were hitting the glassed foam in the aileron pocket bottom limiting down aileron to about 2-3/8".   They are 1/8" thick tire weights distributed along the top of the original counterweight.   I just finished grinding out shallow pockets in the wing foam prior to glassing to restore original strength.   After talking with Scott B. and Duane it was decided that this was the best solution.   The pockets are only about 1/4" deep and about 4" long.
Thanks Al