REFLECTOR: Fuel strake baffles templates

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 26 13:40:12 CDT 2007

To All,

I am starting my fuel strakes and I am ready to start cutting out my baffles from my 4 X 8 sheet of blue foam with the bid applied to both sides. My question is, was the patterns that came from Velocity close to the correct size or do I need to make cardboard patterns to check the fit before I make the final size cut from my full sheet of foam. I know from watching the posts over the last year and a half that most everyone made the cardboard patterns before cutting their final baffles. I also know that a lot of builders added the extra flanges to assure a good bond to the top strake, which I am also considering. What I guess I am asking is how much difference was there from the original pattern, and if there were differences was the original patterned baffle larger than the final baffle size that was installed?

Andy Ellzey