REFLECTOR: Canard Landing Lights

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon Mar 26 07:32:34 CDT 2007

The wig-wags are of virtually no value for landing and limited value for
taxiing around a dark ramp.  They would probably provide just enough
illumination that you would be able to see what you just ran into.
However, being located near the canard tips, there is sufficient space
between the two lights that the wig-wag has high visibility and
recognition from nearby and at distance...there's also a 'cool' factor
to it.  I landed one night in late December in Kansas City and as I
turned off the active, the towered called and commented that I was light
up like a Christmas tree.

Chuck Jensen